Followers

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hard Candy Cosmetics

I was sent a few items from Hard Candy to try out and post my review on.  I was sent an eye shadow, mascara, and lip gloss! 

Before I begin my review I want to remind everyone that in no way, shape or form will my review be swayed or changed or influenced just because I did not purchase these items.  I know that I want honest reviews from the blogs I read and videos I watch, I would never want to be lied to.  So I promise you I will never give false reviews!  Okay with that out of the way... Here is my review!

Eye Shadow:

Meteor-eyes Baked Eye Shadow
278
Outer Space

This shadow is black with swirls of silver in it.  The colour payoff is incredible; you really get a lot of transfer from container, to brush, to eyelid.  With some shadows you have to dip into the container several times to get a lot of payoff.  Especially with blacks.  Thankfully that is not the case here!  One swipe and you get a lot!  I also love that there is some silver in it.  It really brightens up the black and makes it pop.  You can also use these shadows wet or dry, that is a bonus!

Mascara:

1,000 Lashes Fiberized Lash Weave Mascara
Indigo Blue

This mascara is really cool.  The fibres in the mascara really add to your lashes and build them up.  I was concerned that they would irritate my eyes but surprisingly they didn't at all!  The fibres lock in place and don't fall out or poke your eyes.  The colour is probably my favourite part of this product.  I have tried a lot of blue mascaras and they never seem to do much.  They are usually pretty disappointing!  I was shocked at how BLUE this mascara was.  It really made my lashes stand out and it was vibrant all day long!  I really like the brush too.  It is quite dense and really grabs each lash.  It is also really soft.  There is nothing I hate more than a hard sloppy brush.  The consistency of the mascara surprised me, it wasn’t really wet or goopy like some mascaras.  Dry is the wrong word to describe it but imagine a cream eye shadow that dries to a powder finish, that is what this mascara is like.  I am definitely going to get the black colour of this mascara for an everyday product. 

Lip Gloss:
Mouthing Off Sheer Lip Shine
213
Gossip
This is my FAVOURITE product of the bunch.  The very first thing I noticed about this lip gloss was the scent.  It is amazing, I wanted to eat it!  It smells like cupcakes to me :)  The colour is gorgeous; it is a pretty shimmery sheer pink.  It is absolutely work appropriate and versatile enough to bring with you for a night out!  I love that it isn’t sticky; so many lip glosses are sticky and dry out my lips.  Even with my hair down it didn’t catch my hair!  It also felt really nice on my lips and lasted a long time.  I am really impressed!  It made my lips feel buttery soft, I kept rubbing them together!  It definitely transfers in a kiss but again it isn’t sticky, so it comes off easily.  I highly recommend this product and if I had to pick one that I suggest you try it would definitely be the lip gloss!
I hope you enjoyed my review and if you have any questions please let me know!

Xoxo
Kayla

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for that review girl!! It sounds pretty intriguing. I may have to give those a try now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment!