Followers

Friday, April 29, 2011

Not Your Typical Beauty Blog Post!

***DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A PERSONAL OPINION POST WRITTEN WITH THE UTMOST RESPECT FOR MY AMERICAN NEIGHBOURS.  I AM IN NO WAY JUDGING YOU, I AM JUST WRITING ABOUT MY THOUGHTS.  PLEASE KNOW THIS WAS WRITTEN WITH NO INTENTION OF BEING DISRESPECTFUL OR CLOSE MINDED.  I OPNELY ADMIT I AM NOT A PERSON WELL VERSED IN POLITICS.  I AM JUST WRITING ABOUT WHAT I SEE AND WHAT I THINK***


I am Canadian.  I am not American so my opinions are just that, opinions.  Not informed facts.  With that out of the way... here is my rant about Americans, Obama, and George W. Bush.
First let me start by saying that I love my American friends and in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM do I mean any disrespect to any of you... I just have a few things to say, as an outsider looking in.
 George W. Bush managed to fuck up a lot of things in your country and you gave him eight years to do all of it.  Obama comes in talking about change and you expect him to jump through hoops and perform magic tricks in front of your eyes, reversing said fuckery Bush is responsible for.  Are you kidding me?  Why do you expect Obama to clean up that mess in a day and half when it took Bush EIGHT YEARS to create it all? 
Many of you were skeptical about Obama and feared he was not the man for the job, those of you who felt that way probably thought McCain was GOD... McCain is an old man set in his ways with a history severely impacted by war.  I like to think I am fairly open minded and even I feel like in this case you can’t teach an old dog new tricks.  McCain is not likely to be the person bringing in new ideas, values, and plans.  He would probably stick to what he knows and keep Bush’s war in Iraq going on until there was nothing left, and no soldiers left to send over there.
This war has continued for 8 years and there have been so many casualties, official counts of 33023 American soldiers have died but the estimated number of casualties is closer to 100000.  That does not include the Canadian soldiers who have perished.
Let me get back on track here... The reason I started writing about this today is that I cannot believe people are trying to dive so deep into Obama’s life and question the validity of his birth certificate.  I just don’t get it.  There are two situations I see here:
1)      Obama is in fact American and born in Hawaii like the birth certificate states and we have now wasted time and money trying to refute that fact.  How can you justify it?  Did you question Bush’s birth certificate?
2)      Obama was not born where he said he was born... What does that mean?  Does it really matter where he was born?  (Seriously, why does it matter?  I can see if some Joe Blow from China wanted to be President that would be totally out of line, but even if Obama was not born in Hawaii but eventually moved their and gained his American citizenship, should it really matter where his birthplace is?)  He is an American citizen and he is trying to end the war, bring American’s up from a terrible recession and his wife has taken a true interest in ending a nationwide epidemic – childhood obesity. 
Personally, I don’t see the big deal if he was born elsewhere.  If he is in fact an American citizen NOW, who cares?  But that is just my opinion.  I think people like Trump need to just zip their lips... seriously, does Donald Trump really think he would make a better President?!  Trump is like the kid on the playground flapping his lips saying he can do better and stirring up problems, yet if he were given the worlds problems for a day I am all but certain he would crack and give it all back tot he better man, Obama.  Again, just my opinion.
I guess what I hope you get out of this post is an eye for “the other side of the coin”.  I hope that you aren’t stuck on technicalities and you are able to open your mind and give a great man a true chance to change your country.  If you were in his shoes and you had millions of people watching your every move and expecting you to fix another man’s mistakes in the blink of an eye, wouldn’t you want everyone to just stop, take a second and give you a chance?
Focus on the important things in life... whether it is in politics or something in your personal life...  Life is too short to waste time on the “technicalities”
Thanks for reading and again I just want to say I have the utmost respect for my American friends and I applaud your strong sense of identity and pride, I just wanted to give my thoughts and share my perspective as a friend on the outside, looking in.
~ Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment!