Followers

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

MAC and Drugstore Haul

COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Liquid Silk Foundation:


Price: $14 (on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart)
Colour: # 305 – Alabaster (the lightest shade available)

I love this foundation!  It lives up to its name, it is very silky.  You don’t need very much, it has great coverage and it is super light!  I barely feel like I am wearing anything.  It also covers up the redness in my face better than ANY foundation I have in my collection now.  BETTER THAN ANYTHING!  Even better than my Chanel foundation.  I am really blown away by this stuff :)

L’Oreal Voluminous Millions Lashes:



Price: $10.99
Colour: Blackest Black

I am quite happy with this mascara, it has an awesome wand!  My favourite part is the bottle has a “thing” (real technical term, I know LOL) that takes the excess off of the brush before you pull it out completely.  That is my biggest pet peeve about mascaras, there is always too much on the brush!  But that is no longer an issue!  It really defines my lashes and makes them look great!  It doesn’t really give me much volume though... I am going to try using a few more coats and try it with a lash primer to see if that helps bulk up my lashes!  Overall, I am pretty happy with it, it doesn’t flake or irritate my eyes (I have really sensitive eyes... so I am rather picky about what I put around them!).  I will give you an update about this product soon!

QUO False Lashes



Price: $7.50
Number: 804

I usually get #803 which is really natural looking for my eyes but I thought I would try something new!  I haven’t worn them yet, but I will take a picture when I do use them and post that as an update!  These lashes look a little spikier, I’m excited!
UPDATE: OMG I love these lashes <3 I wore them out tonight and absolutely loved how they made my eyes look!  They are a bit dramatic, so I wouldn't wear them to school (well I might lol but I dont know how many others would be comfortable doing so).  These just might take the spot for my #1 fave lashes!

MACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC STUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Tinted Lip Conditioner, SPF 15



Price: $17.50
Colour: Calm Mode

This lip conditioner is DREAMY!  It is a beautiful dusty rose colour and it is lavender scented! YUM!  So far I have been really happy with it!  I will do an update in a week or two and let you know how well it conditions my lips!

Paint Pot


Price: $20
Colour: Chilled on Ice

LOVE LOVE LOVE!  This paint pot is GORGEOUS!  It is a frosty pinky gold and I adore it!  It looks incredible on its own with some heavy mascara :)  I will let you know how it works with other shadows!

Freshwater and Contrast

(Contrast & Freshwater)

Price: $17.50 each

I haven’t tried these shadows yet, but I had no blue shadows so I wanted to pick some up!  I am terrified to use them, but I will play with the colours ASAP and let you know! Ha ha ha!

Swatches

(L to R: Chilled on Ice, Contrast, Freshwater)

4 comments:

  1. hey i wanna see how that paint pot looks. wear it & take some pix! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so shocked at all the great reviews on the Nature Luxe foundation... I had said I would never purchase another N.L product after the mascara was a major fail but you made it sound so good I want to try it lol. The price is steep but if it actually is as good as it sounds it might be worth it!
    Also some great things in this haul! I love the million lashes mascara its pretty amazing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried the mascara (believe it or not lol) but the foundation is a GREAT drugstore foundation. I have used it on other people and they can't tell the difference between high end and this foundation lol :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment!