Followers

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Squeeky clean skin :)

Hey guys! 

I learned this tip from an amazing make up artist Kandee Johnson...  Take a cotton ball soaked in lemon juice (or cut a lemon in half and squish it around a bit to loosen up the juices) and sprinkle some sugar (organic preferably!) and then get your face wet with some warm water to open up your pores and then use the cotton ball or half lemon to exfoliate your face!  The lemon will naturally kill bacteria and the sugar will scrub off all the dead skin cells and the oils and dirt that accumulates from day to day life!  I live in the city and some days I feel like my face has just hit a wall of pollution... So it is amazingly refreshing to do this lemon and sugar scrub!  (PS... It is also a great way to get rid of a lingering fake tan!!!)

I did mention that you want to use organic sugar and lemons if possible... The reasoning behind that is your skin will absorb the sugars and lemon juice and you only want the very best things to go into your body, right?  so if you can help it, why not?!  There have been many times that I havent used organic lemons or sugar; so it won't make or break the experience but its just nice to use if you can :)  Also, the type of sugar is up to you... you can use larger grains of sugar or the regular old granulated sugar.  I find the normal granulated sugar works well for me... it feels great; not too scratchy!

Let me know how you like it!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment!